Top Five Illnesses To Watch Out For This Harmattan Period
Its a new year and its the season of cold, dust and laziness to get up from bed! 2018 is quite a year of hammertan rather than harmattan.
Today, we shall we be discussing the top five illnesses to watch out for,come the harmattan period.
1. Catarrh: This is an unpleasant nasal congestion with mucus usually in nose, throat or chest. There might be also issues of itchy nose due to allergic responses to dust or other irritants. Take a lot if fruits and vegetables that contain vitamin C to boost your body’s immunity. If you are battling catarrh already,inhale steam from hot water and also buy an inhaler to help decongest.
2. Cold: It is a viral infection of the upper respiratory tract and could also cause cough,sore throats, runny nose and allergic sneezing.
3. Dry Skin: Harmattan comes with very low humidity hence the reason for dry skin. The dry skin causes the skin to be rough and even cracks in some instance. Drink a lot of water and use a good moisturizing cream eg petroleum jelly
4. Asthma: For asthmatic patients, this isn’t the best of the season for them as they are bound to have crises anywhere and anytime due to the dust and irritants floating in the atmosphere. The asthmatic patient should avoid dusty places as well move around with the inhaler in situations of crises
5. Cough: Reflex action that clears the airway of irritants such as dust. Its necessary to buy cough drug from the nearest pharmacy to avoid the embarrassment of coughing and whooping especially in public
Our next edition would be on catarrh, cold and cough, what to do .
Have a wonderful harmattan Experience and remember to dress well and avoid exposure to the HAMMERTAN!