With a good economy, all friendly immigration policies, and high standard of living are factors responsible for the unprecedented Canada immigration applications yearly.
Canada is one of the few countries in the world that promotes equality and offers a high quality of life. Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are the three largest host cities for immigrants, with nearly over 60% immigrants assimilating effortlessly.
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is the official body responsible for Canada immigration applications.
CANADA IMMIGRATION ELIGIBILITY
Applicants who wish to immigrate to Canada must comply with the strict eligibility requirements. Your state of health, inadmissibility, proof of funds are some of the requirements that would be required.
The eligibility requirements vary among the different immigration streams, however, the following categories offers permanent residency routes to immigrants.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed
CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY
Express Entry is a novel approach by the Canadian government to lure the smartest and brightest skilled applicants. The application is online and applicants with the highest aggregating scores will receive an invitation to apply (ITA) from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residency. With its efficient processing time, applications can be processed within six months.
This application process is for skilled immigrants with economic values who wish to settle in Canada permanently. Prospective immigrants who wish to apply through Express Entry must create a profile, and supply the necessary details. Education, age, work experience and availability of funds are determining factors in profile ranking.
NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL CLASSIFICATION
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) system was adopted for the immigration purposes of classifying jobs.
Skill level A, B, C, D, and 0 falls under the NOC
Visit NOC to learn more.
To meet labour shortages and demand, the Express Entry program covers three economic immigration programs namely.
FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER PROGRAM:
immigrants with foreign work experience who wish to move to Canada on a permanent basis can apply through this stream. Applicants occupation must fall into one of the NOC job groups, skill level A, B, 0
- One year work experience (Full time 30hrs weekly for twelve months, or 15hrs weekly for twenty-four months for part-time)
- English or French language skill score of CLB 7
- Secondary school degree
FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM:
The FSTP is designed for Skilled immigrants with experience in a select number of trades who wish to gain permanent residency in Canada. Applicants occupation must fall into one of the NOC job groups, skill level B
This program offers immigrants who are qualified in skilled trade an easy route to Canadian permanent residency.
- English or French proficiency score of CLB 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading
- A valid job offer of full-time employment or
- A certificate of competence in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or Federal authority
- Two years of work experience within the last five years. (full-time/part-time)
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:
Skilled workers with Canadian work experience who wish to settle in Canada permanently can apply through this stream.
Applicants occupation must fall into one of the NOC job groups, skill level A, B, 0
- English or French proficiency skill of CLB 7 if your NOC is 0 or A or CLB 5 if your NOC is B
- One year of work experience in the last three years. (full-time/part-time)
PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM
Canadian Provinces and Territories through their unique Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) nominates skilled immigrants who are interested in settling in that particular region.
This program is a lure to attract immigrants with the requisite skills and work experience to cater to the local labour market.
Immigrants who are interested in settling in a particular region with the required qualification can apply for PNP through the federal Express Entry selection process.
The eligibility criteria differ among provinces and territories, learn more about PNP Here
INVESTORS ENTREPRENEURS AND SELF-EMPLOYED
Skilled workforce, robust economy, high standard of living are reasons why Canada is a haven for investors and entrepreneurs all around the world. One of the major requirements of this stream is the availability of the required funds.
There are four categories under this stream, which prospective immigrants can apply.
- Investors: Since July 1, 2012, the federal government has stopped accepting federal investor applications, however, this does not apply to the Quebec Immigration investor program.
- Self-Employed Person Category: Applicants under this category are expected to make meaningful athletic and cultural contributions in Canada.
- Entrepreneurs: The CIC is no longer accepting the federal entrepreneur application at this time.
- Startup Category: This stream is designed for Immigrants with novel business ideas that can create immediate employment opportunities and grow the economy of Canada
- Proof of funds
- Required medical and security clearance
- appropriate work experience
- Language proficiency