C5 isn’t going anywhere until Wayne gets his money, according to sources.
Last week, Birdmanseemed pretty convinced that his Cash Money label would be releasing Lil Wayne’s long-awaited album Tha Carter V in the near future, but Wayne won’t be cooperating until his $51 million lawsuit with the mogul is settled. According to TMZ, Wayne feels Birdman is “full of shit” after listening to his interview, claiming that his one-time father figure is trying to “look like the nice guy,” but there has been no progress made in their legal battle.
Wayne has been more or less holding the masters of his C5 album hostage as he goes forward with his suit against Birdman, holding him accountable for unpaid royalties and damages for a total of $51 million. From what we’ve heard so far, no one will be hearing the album until some sort of agreement is reached (though evil pharma bro Martin Shkreli claims to have got his hands on an advance copy of the album recently).
Lil Wayne has been making sure to diss both Birdman and Cash Money on stage whenever he gets the chance. He yelled “fuck Cash Money in they ass” at a December show in Syracuse. Meanwhile, Birdman is reportedly organizing a Cash Money reunion, with or without Wayne’s involvement.
On Friday, Mack Maine announced a new Lil Wayne project titled Velvet. He suggested that they’re hoping to get Carter V out as well, but again, that likely all depends on Birdman.
- (Video) Lil Wayne ft Future & Yo Gotti – Cross Me
- Lil Wayne ft Junior Reid – RappaPomPom (Mastered Version)
- Lil Wayne – Heavenly Father (Alternate Version)
- Lil Wayne ft Drake – Believe Me (Snippet)
- Alicia Keys Reveals “HERE” Tracklist In A Very Original Way
- New Excerpts From Lil Wayne’s Memoir Detail Life At Rikers Island
- 2 Chainz ft Lil Wayne – Back On The Bullshit
- Pac Millie ft Lil Wayne & Drumlord – Duffle Bagz
- Ariana Grande To Be Featured As Character In “Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius”
- DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: John Legend – Darkness and Light
- (Video) Young Thug ft Birdman – Constantly Hating
- Currensy & Alchemist ft Lil Wayne – Fat Albert
- August Alsina ft Lil Wayne – Why I Do It
- Watch The Weeknd Perform “Starboy” On Ellen
- Lil Wayne Doesn’t Seem To Know Who Lil Yachty, Lil Uzi Vert, Kodak Black & 21 Savage Are
- Kanye West Says He Won’t Go To The Grammys If Frank Ocean Isn’t Nominated